Are you having a hard time dealing with headaches? Whether they are caused by stress, a lack of sleep, or another problem, chronic headaches can make it difficult to handle your responsibilities and enjoy your daily activities. However, there are some steps you can take to find relief from headaches—including getting a massage! This relaxing treatment can provide a variety of benefits that will help you feel better both mentally and physically. Keep reading to learn more about what might be causing your headaches and to see how visiting a massage spa in Tucson can help you keep them away.
What is causing your headaches?
Figuring out the possible causes of your headaches can help you on your journey toward finding relief. Not all headaches are the same, and there are many different triggers that could be to blame for your pain and discomfort. While all situations are unique, headaches usually fall into one of two categories: tension-type headaches and vascular headaches.
- Tension-type headaches: These are the most common. Tension-type headaches are typically mild and last between 30 minutes and one hour. People usually feel pain on both sides of their heads while experiencing this type of headache. Common issues that can lead to these types of headaches include bone misalignment, muscle tension, and eye strain. Poor posture and physical activity can both cause these headaches, as well. Spending a lot of time looking at screens can also be a trigger, which is why these headaches seem to be so common among people of all ages.
- Vascular headaches: These tend to last much longer and bring about more severe pain than tension-type headaches. Vascular headaches can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. They are also more painful than other types of headaches, with people usually feeling a pounding-like pain. It is believed that these types of headaches are caused by constriction and/or swelling of blood vessels or nerves, though the exact causes are not known. Migraines are a common type of vascular headache that can be triggered by stress, lights, medication, or sleep issues. Cluster headaches are another type of vascular headache, but this type is not as common as migraines. Sinus headaches also fall under the category of vascular headaches, and these are typically caused by a build-up of pressure.
If you struggle with headaches, it is a good idea to talk to your doctor. Together, you can try to determine what types of headaches you experience. This information can then help you figure out what causes them or at least what triggers them. This can also help you start finding relief from the pain and discomfort.
How can massage help you find relief from headaches?
Speaking with your doctor can help you get more specific details about your headaches and possible treatment options. Keep in mind, however, that massage is one treatment option which can always help! Visiting a massage spa in Tucson is a great way to let go, relax, and enjoy some quality pampering. A massage treatment can provide numerous mental and physical benefits that can help you find relief from your headaches, including:
- Easing muscle tension. One of the biggest benefits of getting a massage is working out the tension in your muscles. Deep tissue massage gets deep into the muscles, providing serious pain relief. Since muscle tension can trigger headaches, easing this tension with massage therapy can help reduce the risk of these types of headaches.
- Reducing stress. A lot of people visit the massage studio to help them get rid of their stress. The massage motions help relieve stress held in the body, while the time spent relaxing can help relieve stress in the mind. In addition, getting regular massages can help you avoid stress, which can also help you avoid the headaches that stress can trigger.
- Improving circulation. Getting a massage can help increase the blood flow to targeted parts of the body. This can help relieve pain, including pain caused or worsened by headaches.
- Relieving migraines. There is a link between massage therapy and migraine pain relief. While this link is not fully understood, there are people who have been able to find relief from migraines with the help of regular massage treatments.
Massage therapy can be beneficial for people of all ages, no matter what type of headaches they may experience. Getting a massage will allow you to relax and help you feel rejuvenated both mentally and physically.
Now that you know how massages can help you get relief from your headaches, it is time to schedule an appointment at Spa Solai. Our Tucson massage spa is the perfect place to relax and enjoy all of the benefits that massage therapy has to offer. You can call Spa Solai Skyline at (520) 447-7727 ext 1 or Spa Solai 6th at (520) 447-7727 ext 3 to learn more about our spa services or to schedule an appointment.